63 Best Obito Uchiha Quotes from Naruto (about life, love and hate)
Obito is probably one of the characters from Naruto that changed the most throughout the manga/anime.
He went from dreamy & hopeful, to evil mastermind, and finally to redemption.
This means a wide variety of Obito quotes for us to choose from...
Let’s see all of the best Obito Uchiha quotes from Naruto Shippuden!
The Best Obito Quotes
Obito Uchiha was a ninja from Konoha, initially in Team Minato, alongside Rin Nohara and Kakashi Hatake.
He died young during the Third Shinobi War, and gave his left Sharingan to Kakashi in his dying breath.
However we later learn that Obito didn’t die, but was saved by Madara, who used him to execute his masterplan. Obito then took the lead of Akatsuki in the shadows, and showed himself to the world under the personage of Tobi.
Finally, after fighting against Naruto and Kakashi, his old partner, he changes his mind and redeems himself by sacrificing his life to protect the world.
Through all of the different phases, Obito left us with a wide variety of quotes:
- Obito quotes about the world and life
- sad Obito quotes
- Obito friend quote
- quotes about love
Here are the best Obito quotes:
- “Naruto... you better... become the hokage” Obito
- “You’ll probably have to suffer again from now on... but don’t change, keep going your way. You told me that you never change your words... that’s your ninja way. Right? Naruto, become Hokage... at all costs.” Obito
I believe the White Fang is a true hero!
- “You need to let that guilt go, Kakashi.” Obito Uchiha
- “Very well... In that case, I hereby declare... the Fourth Great Shinobi War.” Obito Uchiha
- “I’m about to die, but I’ll become your eye and see the future with you.” Obito Uchiha
- “I am Obito Uchiha and I will surpass you once I awaken my Sharingan!” Obito Uchiha
No one cared who I was until I put on a mask.
- “I could say I did it on a whim, or that I planned it, or that it’s war, or that it’s for peace.” Obito Uchiha
- “Don’t underestimate someone’s clever speech!” Obito
So there you have them, the 10 best Obito sayings!
Oh, let’s not forget the epic 100% badass Obito sweat quote: “Am I sweating? No, it’s just the rain. These fools could never make me sweat.” Check it out in the video below:
Obito Quotes About Life
Obito was a tormented shinobi, that spent a lot of time questioning the meaning of life.
Throughout the episodes, he has some pretty deep lines about life.
Let’s see them in this category.
Find below Obito quotes about life:
- “Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war... Those are the two realms belonging solely to man. Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They’re two sides of the same coin... to protect something... another must be sacrificed.” Obito
- “There is no such thing as peace in this world, that is reality. And reality is like this grand river, no matter how hard one tries to stop it, reality will swallow them whole and mercilessly crush... but there is one way to escape from this suffering... the Infinite Tsukiyomi, Project Tsuki No Me.” Obito
Life isn’t permanent or predictable. You never know when you will run out of time. The best thing you can do is to be honest with those around you and let them know how you really feel. You never know if you have a tomorrow to come.
- “Humans are beings that incessantly pursue conflict. It is in our nature to seek out violence. As such, peace is just a myth that can never be achieved.” Obito
- “What will I gain from criticizing this absurd reality?” Obito Uchiha
Wherever light strikes, there will always be shadows. So as long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also similarly exist.
- “Some things are just beyond your control. Not everything that occurs is your responsibility. You shouldn’t feel guilt or worry for the things that are not your doing. Sometimes, it is the cruelty of the world that brings about misery.” Obito
- “People cannot show each other their true feelings. Fear, suspicion, and resentment never subside.” Obito
- “There is no such thing as peace in this world—that is reality.” Obito Uchiha
- “There is no such thing as a victory in this world. Hope... is merely an illusion.” Obito
And that’s 10 Naruto quotes Obito said about life and the world.
Sad Obito Quotes
Obito’s life hasn’t been easy.
Left for dead at a young age, he then witnessed the love of his life being brutally murdered in front of his eyes by his best friend.
This category is dedicated to sadness, expressed by Obito.
Read all the sad Obito quotes:
- “No wish has ever been granted in the world.” Obito
- “You remind me of myself, Naruto. Yeah, just like when I was young, but that’s all changed with time.” Obito Uchiha
Look at me! There is nothing in my heart! I don’t feel pain any longer.
- “I don’t feel pain, I don’t feel anything!” Obito Uchiha
- “Somewhere inside of me? Take a good look, there’s nothing inside of me anymore!” Obito Uchiha
- “It’s too late to be sorry.” Obito
- “It is not worth living in this world where only despair exists.” Obito
- “Once you’ve had to face a little too much pain and misery, you become numb to pain. Your heart becomes almost stone-like and there’s nothing that can break you after.” Obito
I wish I had more time with everyone.
- “This world is completely worthless. There is nothing left in it but misery.” Obito Uchiha
- “I’m no one. I don’t want to be anyone. All I care about is completing the moon’s eye plan. This world is completely worthless. There is nothing left in it but misery.” Obito Uchiha
That about wraps up the sad Obito quote part!
Don’t despair, let’s look at the bright side with our next category.
Obito Quotes About Friendship
Before becoming the villain we mostly know him for, Obito was a real friend.
He believed in the power of friendship, and could give everything for those he held dear.
Let’s dive deep in the friends quote Obito Uchiha gave us in the manga.
Introducing Obito quotes about friendship:
- “Just when me and Kakashi were becoming friends... I couldn’t bring myself to confess to Rin... I wish I had more time with everyone.” Obito Uchiha
- “Kakashi you were a true friend...” Obito
In the ninja world, those who don’t follow the rules are trash. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than trash. If I’m going to be called trash either way, I’d rather break the rules! And if that’s not being a proper shinobi, then I’ll destroy that idea!
- “A real leader may let others step over his corpse, but he’ll never step over his comrades.” Obito Uchiha
- “Now, I finally realized that faking one’s name and letting others do everything for you is different than entrusting something to one’s comrades.” Obito Uchiha
- “Only the heartless abandon their friends. Friendship requires loyalty and trust. If you are ready to cheat on your friends, then there is not much goodness left in you.” Obito
Sometimes, even after death, people stay with you. Their teachings and memories guide you forward in life. They stay with you in your heart forever.
- “For you, I must be strong.” Obito Uchiha
- “There are no better people to trust than your friends. You can entrust anything to them and be sure that they’ll do it for you. Trust and loyalty are the basic foundations of friendship.” Obito
And there you go, 9 great Obito quotes to Kakashi (and others) about friendship!
Let’s follow it up with the logical next category after friendship, love.
Obito Quotes About Love
This is our last themed category in this post.
Though it doesn’t contain nearly as many quotes as the previous categories, Obito has a few powerful lines about love.
Let’s see them.
Find below Obito quotes about love:
- “Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.” Obito
- “Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. Once you learn to love something, you learn to hate anything that is a threat to the loved. Love and Hate are inseparably linked together.” Obito
- “These are all nexuses, causal relationships that can’t be separated. But a world of just victors, peace and love... such a world can be created too. If you allow us to collaborate, we can teach you how. As soon as you gain the true power of the Rinnegan... you can create such a world. Now come with me.” Obito
The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate.
- “The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace initiates wars, and hatred is born to protect love.” Obito
- “Love gives birth to sacrifice, which brings hatred and lets you know pain.” Obito Uchiha
If you were looking for a Obito Uchiha quote about love, you’ve got it!
But the list is not over yet; keep scrolling 👇
More from Naruto: Tobi Quotes
And finally, the last part.
In this part you’ll find a compilation of quotes from Obito, that didn’t fit in any of the categories above.
Here are the last from Naruto: Tobi quotes:
- “The Uchiha is a clan destined for revenge...” Obito
- “I’m no one. I don’t want to be anyone.” Obito Uchiha
- “There is no such thing as hope, the concept of hope is nothing more than giving up... a word that holds no true meanings.” Obito Uchiha
You’ll probably have to suffer again from now on, but don’t change. Keep going your way.
- “I shall sever the nexuses of this world. That’s why I came back.” Obito Uchiha
- “I get it now. I’m in hell.” Obito Uchiha
- “Nine-Tails, you are merely a momentary life, a temporary existence of coalesced energy... energy that once was a single, ultimate form! An unstable force, lacking in intelligence or sapience, you require a guide to show you purpose. That guide is the Uchiha! The tailed beasts are but slaves to those with blessed eyes. Obey!” Obito
Would you consider dying together “Teamwork” as well?
- “You can call me by that name if that’s what you want... but it means nothing to me.” Obito
- “This wind hole wasn’t your doing. It was made by this evil, cruel world.” Obito Uchiha
- “You know, everyone actually shall eventually just end up like me.” Obito Uchiha
- “As soon as you gain the true power of the Rinnegan, you can create such a world. Now come with me.” Obito Uchiha
- “Oh, you know... it’s fun, it’s part of my plan... to start a war... to bring peace.” Obito
I have no interest in the affairs of the world soon to end.
- “I’d be lying if I said things are going according to my plan... but beggars can’t be choosers, right?” Obito
- “The true power of the Sharingan... this is Madara Uchiha’s power!” Obito Uchiha
- “It seems that you still want to dance but... you will not be able to make steps anymore.” Obito
And there you have them all, the 63 Obito best quotes!
I hope you found inspiration in these quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all.
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
My personal favorite is #4 “You need to let that guilt go, Kakashi.” – it was such a powerful & emotional episode, where we learn about Kakashi’s story, and what he went through during all these years, carrying such a burden on his mind.