30 Awesome Deidara Quotes from Naruto (by the Akatsuki artist)
Ready to read the words of Akatsuki explosion master, Deidara?
He was really passionate about art, and the artist in him really shines through his words.
Let’s jump straight to the 30 Deidara quotes I’ve put together for you!
The Best Quotes Deidara Left Us Behind
Deidara is a ninja from Iwagakure, where he was part of the Explosion Corps.
He deserted his village, becoming a S-rank missing-nin, and was soon after recruited by Akatsuki. There, his first partner was Sasori, and later Tobi.
The love for art is the most distinctive character trait of Deidara, and most of his quotes are centered around this aspect.
Here are the best quotes Deidara left us with:
- “Look at those fools. They have no appreciation for art. You have to feel art. And true art... is an EXPLOSION!” Deidara before killing the Suna guards
- “Art will never die... even if I already have.” Deidara
- “I gotta say, this village’s design is pretty artistic. Means it’s really worth destroying.” Deidara
Life’s only beautiful because it’s so fleeting, so transient.
- “If an artist doesn’t get high levels of inspiration, his sentiments are dulled...” Deidara
- “Art is something that blossoms for an instant before withering away. Art is beauty that lasts for just a moment. To me, the essence of art is an explosion!” Deidara
- “Art is an explosion!” Deidara
Fine art is the beauty of that single fleeting moment of explosion.”
- “I have to blow everything up! It’s the only way to prove that I’m not crazy!” Deidara
- “Art makes it able to let you forget the bad around you.” Deidara
So there you have them, the 10 best quotes from Deidara.
If you didn’t quite find the right quote you were looking for...
Rejoice, for I have 20 more waiting for you below! 👇
More Deidara Quotes About Art
As most Akatsuki members, Deidara actually had a lot of screen time.
But unlike some of his crew members, who aren’t very talkative, Deidara is chatting non-stop.
All the best for us, as this gives us plenty of great quotes from him!
Find below some great Deidara quotes about art (& more):
- “Snaring you alive was rough, but this is one more we can scratch off our list.” Deidara about Gaara
- “There’s no mistake. He’s the Jinchuriki. The one who bursts in and starts barking. Itachi actually described him quite accurately.” Deidara
- “You’re an odd Jinchuriki, aren’t ya?” Deidara to Naruto
Cower in awe! Recoil in despair! Cry your heart out! Because my art... IS AN EXPLOSION!!
- “You wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without the artistic contribution of my explosive clay... it’s my art that deserves the praise here, uhn!” Deidara
- “...Hey Tobi, I said not to be overly talkative, but that’s too quiet... a reply would be... (Sees Tobi asleep, glares and explodes clay beside Tobi) Hey asshole, time to wake the hell up!” Deidara
- “Tobi, even a Buddha loses patience when insulted a third time... One more word and there’ll be no doubt about the cause of your death.” Deidara to Tobi when he mocked how Deidara lost his arms
- “In other words, cool = art.” Deidara
Art is a BANG!
- “My man Sasori was beaten by that little brat, and the old hag. Leaving a thing of eternal beauty for the future? Yeah, right. All he did was get killed. He was overconfident about that puppet; the old fool exposed his weakness. Oh well, it’s still an ending worthy of an art.” Deidara
- “You were only able to kill Orochimaru thanks to Uchiha blood... hmmm?” You’ve just blessed with good genes... so quit acting so smug!” Deidara to Sasuke
- “Thing? Philistine! Some people wouldn’t know true art if it bit them on the face.” Deidara
- “Death by suffocation!!” Deidara as he throws his legs around Tobi’s neck
- “This will be my ultimate piece of art. I’ll explode. I shall die and become art itself! This will be like no explosion before it, and it will leave a scar upon the Earth unlike anything else. Then, my art will receive the admiration it’s always deserved! Tremble! Be afraid! Recoil in despair! Cower in awe! And cry your heart out, because my art... is an EXPLOSION!” Deidara last words
- “It’ll be troublesome to be attacked from below. Plus... I’m tired of looking at your expressionless face!” Deidara to Gaara
You think you’re so cool! And those eyes make me sick!! Always judging me... and my art!! You have no appreciation of the beauty of my work... and it makes me want to kill you!!
- “Better listen to your sensei, kid. This guy’s been dead for a while, now.” Deidara to Naruto
- “If I had to keep my patience with you in a bag, it’d be bursting at the seams! Say another word and I’ll make you wish you were never born!” Deidara
- “That explosive power is my masterpiece.” Deidara
- “Shut up! I killed Sasuke Uchiha! And you’re next, you art-hating sack of wrinkles!” Deidara
Aaaand 30! That’s all the best words from Deidara.
Is there any specific Deidara quote in all of these that resonates most with you?
What are Deidaras last words?
“This will be my ultimate piece of art. I’ll explode. I shall die and become art itself! This will be like no explosion before it, and it will leave a scar upon the Earth unlike anything else. Then, my art will receive the admiration it’s always deserved! Tremble! Be afraid! Recoil in despair! Cower in awe! And cry your heart out, because my art... is an EXPLOSION!”
These were Deidara’s last words, as he chose to make himself explode to kill Sasuke.
What does Deidara say about art?
Deidara talks in length about art, constantly trying to define his art.
His thoughts about art are best summed up by this quote:
“Art is something that blossoms for an instant before withering away. Art is beauty that lasts for just a moment. To me, the essence of art is an explosion!”
What is Deidara’s catchphrase?
The most iconic Deidara’s catchphrase is: “Art is an explosion!” (芸術は爆発だ, Geijutsu wa Bakuhatsu da)
This relates to his jutsu, using clay to make explosives.
What is Katsu in Naruto?
“Katsu” literally means “to win” in Japanese.
It’s used by Deidara as a command to detonate his explosive clay.
And that’s the end of this post dedicated to Deidara and his best quotes.
I hope you found inspiration in these quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all!
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
My fave is #9 “Art is a BANG!” – straight, no fluff, to the point. A good old explosion, that’s art according to our man Deidara.