34 Orochimaru Quotes from Naruto (100% epic)
Looking for quotes from the legendary Sannin Orochimaru?
Well you’re in luck, because I’ve put together for you over 30 epic Orochimaru quotes.
Let’s jump straight into them!
The Best Quotes from Orochimaru
Orochimaru is a ninja from Konoha, that was initially in Team Hiruzen, being taught by the Third Hokage alongside Jiraiya and Tsunade.
He’s known as one of the 3 Sannin (Densetsu no Sannin, the Three Legendary Shinobi), title given to Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru by Hanzo during the Second Shinobi World War.
After the war, he became obsessed with immortality, and started some unethical experiments on Konoha citizens. He was caught by the Third Hokage, and deserted the village.
Find below great Orochimaru quotes about death, jutsu, and more:
- “You know how the game of chess is played... pieces must be sacrificed!” Orochimaru
- “Real power is forged from the desire smoldering in the heart. It fans into a flame and begins to burn with an intensity scarcely imagined to be possible.” Orochimaru
All things with a form will eventually perish.
- “The body ages, but the mind is immortal.” Orochimaru
- “Darkness. When everything that you know and love is taken away from you so harshly. All you can think about is anger, hatred and even revenge. And no one can save you.” Orochimaru
- “I wanted to be the wind that changed the world but now I just want to watch things change themselves.” Orochimaru
- “It’s human nature not to realize the true value of something unless they lose it.” Orochimaru
Hate only gives birth to even more hate.
- “I can sense your fear and desperation... it’s only natural... the prey must never let down its guard, not even for a moment... in the presence of its predator.” Orochimaru
- “Either people change or they die before they do. It’s one or the other.” Orochimaru
So there you go, the 10 best quotes from Orochimaru.
Ready to re-live Orochimaru’s evolution through the anime? Check out the amazing video below:
And if you want more quotes, just keep scrolling 👇
More Epic Orochimaru Quotes
Luckily for you, there are a lot more quotes available, as Orochimaru was a key character in the anime.
From his time in the criminal organization Akatsuki, we have Orochimaru quotes to Itachi and other Akatsuki villains, and from his time trying to find rare jutsu, we have Orochimaru quotes to Kimimaro and other unique ninjas (Suigetsu, Jugo, ...).
In either case, we have a lot of wise (and sometimes creepy) quotes from him.
Here are more Orochimaru quotes to Sasuke (his favorite), and to others:
- “You just don’t have enough information to explain yourself yet. Your glasses, your name, being someone’s child is not something that can show who really you are. But that is fine. If you’re not happy on what you have now... you can just find new things to find up. You see, I also want to find who I really am. That’s why I’m collecting a bit of everything.” Orochimaru to Kabuto
- “Aging is pointless. That’s how I feel when I look at you.” Orochimaru
What nonsense! In the grand scheme of time, you’re nothing more than a trivial footnote in the brief history of a cluster of huts called the Leaf Village! In time, the Hokage Stone Faces will crumble and be worn down to nothing...
- “I want to obtain all the jutsu and gain a true understanding of everything in this world. The first one to mix blue and yellow called the new color green. I want to do something similar to that. If blue is the chakra, then yellow is the seal, and green is the jutsu... Just as there is no end to the variety of colors, there are so many thousands... tens of thousands of jutsu in the world as well. But in order to obtain every possible jutsu and truth, it would require an eternity. Only one who understands everything after spending such time on this can be fittingly called the Ultimate Being.” Orochimaru to Hiruzen Sarutobi
- “This child... intrigues me to no end!” Orochimaru, about Naruto
- “I have eternal youth. I live forever.” Orochimaru
- “It’s just like the time when I planned on crushing the Konohagakure... He has chosen a divergent path from the village... But even so, it’ll always have some sentimental value. He’s soaking that all in and coming to terms with... The consequences of his future actions and reaffirming his resolve.” Orochimaru about Sasuke
- “I refuse... to let this happen! I am Orochimaru! I am immortal! I will not die here! Destined to discover the true meaning behind everything! Destined to take control of everything in this world!!” Orochimaru to Sasuke
- “People change. It’s just a matter of whether they die before it happens. Although he died just the way he was!” Orochimaru to Tsunade, about Jiraiya
Either people change or they die before they do. It’s one or the other.
- “How impressive. A thousand foes stand before you and you don’t even bat an eyelid.” Orochimaru to Sasuke
- “There probably isn’t any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.” Orochimaru
- “Fine, let’s bring back the memories... of when I was your student.” Orochimaru to Hiruzen
- “The best medicines always taste bitter.” Orochimaru
- “I’ve always wondered what it would be like to strangle that pretty little neck of yours!” Orochimaru to Tsunade
- “Well, I sort of have a goal, and if I were to state it in words, I like to see moving things. They’re boring when they don’t move. A windmill that is not moving can be nice from time to time, but most of the time, it’s not even worth looking at. Now, I want to move the windmill with the wind called the Destruction of Konoha...” Orochimaru
- “Everything will be mine.” Orochimaru
I want to master all techniques to understand the truth of this world.
- “When I watch this boy, I look back to the time I was called a genius, and think how ridiculous it was.” Orochimaru, about Sasuke
- “When there is a true desire in the heart and that desire is strong... That is when he finds real strength that even he did not know he had!” Orochimaru
- “The only hope the prey has from a predator is to hand over something else to eat to save itself.” Orochimaru
- “How tranquil... or rather... how naïvely peaceful this nation has become... while all other countries are busy with military expansion races...” Orochimaru
- “The title of Hokage is a piece of crap. Only an idiot becomes one.” Orochimaru
- “Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it.” Orochimaru to young Kimimaro
And there you have them all, the 34 epic quotes from Orochimaru!
I hope you found inspiration in these quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all.
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
The one I like most is #6 “I wanted to be the wind that changed the world but now I just want to watch things change themselves.” – I loved the character development, when through all the experiences Orochimaru slowly decided to be more of a spectator and be there along the journey rather than the main protagonist.