42 Sunset Bible Verses & God Sunset Quotes
Are you looking for a sunset Bible verse, a Bible passage with a reference to sunset?
Or maybe do you want to use God sunset quotes as a caption on social media?
Well, you’re in luck.
I’ve got both of these below!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bible Verses About the Sunset
I have quite a lot of sunset quotes related to God in stock; I’ve separated them in 2 categories:
- Sunset Bible Verses: verses of the Bible in reference to the sunset
- Sunset Quotes God Related: simply quotes related to God and sunsets
Let’s start with the first 1.
When looking for sunset quotes, bible verses are a great source of inspiration for sure!
Sunset is mentioned a lot in the sacred texts; not directly describing the sunset itself, but rather using sunset as a time reference.
If you’re looking for references of sunset in the bible, to use as caption or for anything else, you’ll find what you need below, in these bible verse sunset related.
Here are the best bible quotes about sunset:
- John 12:35
“Then Jesus told them, You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you.”
- Joshua 8:29
“He hanged the king of Ai on a tree until evening; and at sunset Joshua gave command and they took his body down from the tree and threw it at the entrance of the city gate, and raised over it a great heap of stones that stands to this day.”
- 2 Samuel 3:35
“Then all the people came to persuade David to eat bread while it was still day; but David vowed, saying, May God do so to me, and more also, if I taste bread or anything else before the sun goes down.”
- Micah 3:6
“Therefore it will be night for you—without vision,
And darkness for you—without divination.
The sun will go down on the prophets,
And the day will become dark over them.”
Then a cry passed throughout the army close to sunset, saying, Every man to his city and every man to his country.
- Leviticus 22:7
“But when the sun sets, he will be clean, and afterward he shall eat of the holy gifts, for it is his food.”
- John 8:12
“Jesus said, I am the light of the world.”
- Genesis 15:17
“It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces.”
- Genesis 15:12
“Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, terror and great darkness fell upon him.”
- Deuteronomy 24:13
“When the sun goes down you shall surely return the pledge to him, that he may sleep in his cloak and bless you; and it will be righteousness for you before the Lord your God.”
- Daniel 6:14
“Then, as soon as the king heard this statement, he was deeply distressed and set his mind on delivering Daniel; and even until sunset he kept exerting himself to rescue him.”
From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
- Genesis 28:11
“He came to a certain place and spent the night there, because the sun had set; and he took one of the stones of the place and put it under his head, and lay down in that place.”
- Exodus 22:26
“If you ever take your neighbor’s cloak as a pledge, you are to return it to him before the sun sets.”
- Mark 1:32
“That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.”
- Genesis 1:5
“God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness he called night.”
They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy.
- Deuteronomy 24:15
“You shall give him his wages on his day before the sun sets, for he is poor and sets his heart on it; so that he will not cry against you to the LORD and it become sin in you.”
- Exodus 17:12
“But Moses’ hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set.”
- Deuteronomy 16:6
“But at the place where the LORD your God chooses to establish His name, you shall sacrifice the Passover in the evening at sunset, at the time that you came out of Egypt.”
So there you have them, 20 great bible verses about the sunset!
Did you find the perfect one for you? Whether it’s for guidance about life, to relate to a moment, to add as a caption on your social media, or even to create art with it, I hope you found what you were looking for.
Not looking specifically for sunset scripture quotes? I’ve got more sunset quotes related to God for you below! 👇
All of the 20 quotes above were actually bible verses. But don’t worry, you don’t need to use scriptures to have a quote related to sunset and God.
Many people relate sunset to the divine, and it’s not hard to understand why.
In fact, God or Gods have been associated with the sun throughout the ages, and seeing a sunset is a great reminder of His presence. I’ve put together for you some of the best sunset god quotes on this exact topic!
Find below some of my favorite sunset and God quotes:
- “Goodnight. I love you. God”
- “Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.”
- “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” John McCain
- “To view a sunset from above the trees is to find heaven.”
Read more: 49 Short Sunset Quotes for those who don’t waste words
- “PEACE is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.”
Life is a miracle; walking is a miracle; watching the sunset is a miracle; everything is a miracle, because existence is a miracle!
- “The heavens declare the glory of God.”
- “Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.” John Lubbock
You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset.
- “The Lord has turned all our sunsets into sunrise.” Clement of Alexandria
A famous quote from Clement of Alexandria, Greek theologian and philosopher from 200 AD.
- “Sunsets are like God’s paintings in the sky.”
- “How great is it to live under a sky that is repainted every day by the greatest artist.”
- “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “God is always seeking you. Every sunset. Every clear blue sky. Each ocean wave. The starry hosts of night. He blankets each new day with the invitation, ‘I am here.’” Louie Giglio
- “The mystery of God touches us or does not in the smallest details: giving a strawberry, with love; receiving a touch, with love; sharing the snapdragon red of an autumn sunset, with love.” Marion Woodman
To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.
- “Sunset is the most spiritual moment where human race meets the extraordinary spirit of the universe!” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Every time an artist dies, God lets them paint the sky to say goodbye.”
A great quote to see the silver lining in a sad moment.
- “In silence the three of them looked at the sunset and thought about God.” Maud Hart Lovelace
When I see a brilliant sunset I know no artist could paint, I recognize God through His masterpiece.
- “The skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
- “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” G.K. Chesterton
And that’s the end of our list of 42 great bible sunset quotes!
I hope you found inspiration in these quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all!
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
My personal favorite is #29 “You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset.” by Franck Peretti – sunsets are such an extraordinary event that it’s hard not to think about the divine when seeing one.
Pin this to Pinterest!
Enjoyed these Quotes? I'm sure others will love them too; share them with the world with the buttons below!
I am lucky to see the best sunsets on Earth here in southern Arizona; especially those that shine on the Superstition Mountain. I tell people that another artist died. Why? The artist left his sunset painting to say goodbye.