357 Sunset Quotes (the best sunset captions for Instagram)
Trying to find the very best quote about the sunset?
Maybe you took a fire sunset pic, and now you need the best sunset captions for Instagram.
Or maybe you’re just looking for inspiration.
In any case, you’re in the right place; this is the most complete list of sunset quotes on the web.
Browse all of our 357 quotes about sunset below!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 All Kinds of Captions for Sunset Pictures
- 2 Sunset Love Quotes
- 3 Short Sunset Captions
- 4 Sunset Quotes About Life
- 5 Beach Sunset Captions
- 6 Inspirational Sunset Quotes
- 7 Sunrise and Sunset Quotes
- 8 Sunset Sky Quotes
- 9 Funny Sunset Quotes
- 10 God Sunset Quotes
- 11 Sunset Biblical Quotes
- 12 Winter Sunset Quotes
- 13 Sunset Lyrics Quotes
- 14 Sunset Poems Quotes
- 15 Nature Sunset Quotes
- 16 Pink Sunset Quotes
- 17 Desert Sunset Quotes
- 18 Sunset With Friends Quotes
- 19 Famous Sunset Quotes
- 20 Mountain Sunset Quotes
- 21 Final Words
Sunsets are an everyday magical event; it’s no wonder there are so many quotes sunset related out there.
We could have simply listed out all the sunset quotes, in one big list. Yes, we could have.
But we wanted to make it extra easy for you to find exactly the right kind of quote. Whether you’re looking for the best caption for sunset, or for the best quotes on sunset for any other use, we’re confident you’ll find the perfect one for you.
The sunset quotes are split in 19 categories:
- sunset love quotes
- short sunset captions
- sunset quotes about life
- beach sunset captions
- inspirational sunset quotes
- sunrise and sunset quotes
- sunset sky quotes
- funny sunset quotes
- God sunset quotes
- sunset biblical quotes
- winter sunset quotes
- sunset lyrics quotes
- sunset poems quotes
- nature sunset quotes
- pink sunset quotes
- desert sunset quotes
- sunset with friends quotes
- famous sunset quotes
- mountain sunset quotes
If you’re looking for a special kind of sunset quotes, you can jump straight to any category using the table of contents above 👆
Not looking for any topic in particular? Then just start scrolling to read all of our sunset quotes in English 👇
Sunset Love Quotes
Let’s get started with our first type of quotes on sunset: sunset love quotes! 🔥❤️
These sunsets quotes are all related to love. They can be about loving the sunset itself, romantic quotes about the sunset, or even special sunset quotes about her/him.
Here are some good captions for sunsets and love:
- “I know I should crumble for better reasons but have you seen that boy he brings the sun to its knees every night.” Rupi Kaur
- “Dear sunsets. We think about you all the time.”
- “I love you to the sunset and back.”
All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you.
- “Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there.” Grace Ogot
- “Sunsets are prettier whenever I’m with you.”
- “I believe in the magic of watching a sunset with a loved one.”
- “Sunsets are not a rare commodity they come and go every night, so I compare you not to a sunset for you come once in a life.” Daniel Cook
- “The sun loved the moon so much that he died every night just to let her breathe.” Jeffrey Fry
- “The world is a dream, you say, and it’s lovely, sometimes. Sunset. Clouds. Sky.” Richard Bach
I want to see how sunset decorates your hair.
- “I am the sunrise of sunsets, and I make love like noon at midnight.” Jarod Kintz
- “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquillity of a lovely sunset.” Ann Landers
- “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” Mary Balogh
- “As long as he enjoys long walks at sunset, then he’s worth keeping around.”
- “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” Virginia Woolf
- “Sunsets are loved because they vanish.” Ray Bradbury
- “Sunsets and my soulmate.”
The most beautiful sunsets are the ones we share.
- “Cherish sunsets, wild creatures, and wild places. Have a love affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth!” Stewart Udall
- “Let’s spend all of our sunsets together.”
- “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples.” Anna Godbersen
- “Someday, you will find the one who will watch every sunrise with you until the sunset of your life.”
- “My dream date would be a hike through the woods followed by an outdoor picnic followed by a glass of wine at sunset. Heaven!” Nina Agdal
- “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching a sunset, the smell of rain, and starry nights.” Brooke Hampton
- “The most beautiful sunset is when you have it with your beloved one and the most beautiful sunrise is quite the same.” Galina Nelson
- “That was her magic she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days.” Atticus
- “All sunsets are beautiful when viewed with the love of your life.”
- “She was in love with the sunset. No one else ever even stood a chance.”
So there you have them all, the 29 best quotes about sunset and love!
I’m sure any you pick will be a good caption for sunset photo on Instagram. These will go great under any sunset related pictures, especially of a sunset shared with your loved one.
Haven’t found any you liked? Don’t fret, keep scrolling for more 👇
Our second category of quotes about sunsets is dedicated to short sunset captions 🔥✂️
In many cases, less is more. These quotes on sunsets are all short; not longer than 1 sentence.
You won’t bore your audience with long-ass messages, just a short & sweet caption to go along your fire sunset pic.
Here are my favorite short sunset captions for Insta:
- “Even the sun sets in paradise.”
- “I live for sunsets with you.”
- “My favorite color is sunset.”
- “Breathe in the sunset”
You can never watch too many sunsets
- “Love like a sunset.”
- “Cherish every sunset”
- “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.” S.E Hinton
- “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.”
- “When someone asks me what my favorite colors is, I should just say, ‘sunset.’”
- “Born to chase oranges, yellows, and blues.”
- “I feel blindfolded at sunset.” Jennifer Elisabeth
- “Admire the efforts of a failure like you admire the beauty of a sunset.” Amit Kalantri
- “I find my happiness where the sun shines.”
- “Forever chasing the sun.”
- “Born to chase sunsets.”
- “Sunset game on point”
Never go too long without watching a sunset.
- “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” Anthony T. Hincks
- “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” Mattie Stepanek
- “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset, nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” Sharon Rene
- “Ride off into your sunset.”
- “Sunsets are like God’s paintings in the sky.”
- “That just happened.”
- “And... goodnight.”
- “Wait till the sunset to shine like a star.”
- “There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” Rachel Boston
- “City lights got nothin’ on country nights.”
Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.
- “Enjoy every sunset. Look forward to every sunrise.”
- “The sky, at sunset, looked like a carnivorous flower.” Roberto Bolaño
- “I just need you and some sunsets.” Atticus
- “To leave out beautiful sunsets is the secret of good taste.” Dejan Stojanovic
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” Bern Williams
- “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” Crystal Woods
- “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.” Erin McCarthy
- “I never met a sunset I didn’t like.”
- “Never gets old”
Damn, that was a lot of short sunset Instagram captions! Sure they’re short, but I never said there will be only a short amount 😉
Whether you end up using them as caption, to send as a message, or maybe even frame it to hang in your house, I’m glad I could provide you a great one you love.
Not absolutely hell-bent on a short sunset quote? Then keep scrolling for more inspiration!
Sunset Quotes About Life
Coming up is our 3rd type of quotes of sunset: sunset quotes about life 🔥👩🏽
Sunsets are often compared to life, in many different ways. Maybe it’s drawing the comparison with old age (sunset of life), relating beautiful moments in life to sunsets, or even talking about the impact of sunsets in one’s life.
In any case, each of these quotes below are related to life.
Find below the best captions about sunset and life:
- “See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” Debasish Mridha
- “There is no way in which a man can earn a star or deserve a sunset.” G.K. Chesterton
- “I would remember that once I saw the dragons aloft on the wind at sunset above the western isles; and I would be content.” Ursula K. Le Guin
- “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” Sajal Sazzad
- “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” Richard Paul Evans
- “Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been too. That’s how old I am.” Joëlle
- “Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps.” Sharon Draper
- “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” A.J. Lawless
My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day. Gratitude itself is a source of joy.
- “Sunset shows that LIFE is too beautiful to hold on to the past so Move on to the Present.” Jennifer Aquillo
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” Rabindranath Tagore
- “Feelings aroused by the touch of someone’s hand, the sound of music, the smell of a flower, a beautiful sunset, a work of art, love, laughter, hope and faith all work on both the unconscious and the conscious aspects of the self, and they have physiological consequences as well.” Bernie Siegel
- “Every sunset is a journey, a journey to remember the memories of the past!” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” Dr. Seuss
Allow failure to teach you a supreme lesson: Each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise.
- “Many things in life can wait, but the sunset won’t; watch one tonight.”
- “The scattered tea goes with the leaves and every day a sunset dies.” William Faulkner
- “My purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset and the baths of all the Western stars until I die.” Alfred Tennyson
- “Every moment of life is unique a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” Stephen Nachmanovitch
- “Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day.” Debbie Shapiro
Sunsets are one thing in life that won’t wait.
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” Rabindranath Tagore
- “There are too many things I haven’t done yet. There are too many sunsets I haven’t seen.”
- “I thought that a man can be an enemy of other men, of the moments of other men, but not of a country: not of fireflies, words, gardens, streams of water, sunsets.” Jorge Luis Borges
- “May there be just enough clouds in your life to create a glorious sunset.”
- “Food, friends, sunsets.”
- “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner. I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” Carl R. Rogers
- “We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.” Kahlil Gibran
- “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” Jo Walton
- “Appreciate small moments of happiness, for they are so important.”
- “Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” Rachel Roy
There you have them, 32 sunset sayings and quotes about life!
I’ve spent quite a bit of time getting all of these quotes specially related to life, to give you plenty of choices.
Did any of them make the cut to use for your caption about sunset?
No? Don’t despair, keep scrolling for even more quotes 👇
Jumping into our 4th category of quotes & Instagram captions for sunsets photos: beach sunset quotes 🔥🏖
Want to make a sunset even more beautiful? Add a golden sand beach, and you’ve got yourself one of the best evenings possible!
Laying down on the sand and watching the sun slowly set is one my favorite ways to end the day. The quotes below are all perfect fit for this kind of moment.
Here are the best sunset IG captions about beach & ocean:
- “Peace. Ocean. Colorful end of the day.”
- “Sunsets and oceans. It’s what I do”
- “At the beach, life is different.” Time doesn’t move hour to hour, but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun until it sets.”
- “It will blow you away when you observe the sun going down for the night near the ocean.”
- “Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “The sun is setting in a burnt orange sky; the cliffs are black silhouettes; the sea, liquid silver.” Laura Treacy Bentley
Let’s go somewhere the sun kisses the ocean.
- “Sunset + beach + friends + food = Perfection.”
- “Massive waves and stunning vivid evenings.”
- “Foam is white and waves are grey; Beyond the sunset leads my way.” J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Sun, sea, the sand and me!”
- “Watching the sun’s final rays ride the waves into tomorrow.”
- “Nothing soothe the soul like a sunset on the beach.”
- “Just watching sun-kissed waves drift the day away.”
- “Dreams are made of sand and sun.”
- “One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure id that your trips to beach never end.” Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” Jeanne Moreau
- “Sunsets & palm trees”
There can’t possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset.
- “Can anything beat a sun-kissed ocean?”
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them lead to magical sunsets on the beach.”
- “Happiness is... the sun setting over a beach.”
- “Sunset above, sand below, peace within.”
- “The ocean and the sunset. The most relaxing way to end your evening.”
- “All you need is love, surf, sunsets.”
- “My favorite painting is a sunset over a beach.”
They sipped until the sun, as golden as syrupy as the bourbon, slipped into the sea.
- “Let the sea breeze blow your hair, let the sunset bring tranquility to your heart, let the distant places you travel allow you to explore yourself.” Somya Kedia
- “We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea.” Desmond Tutu
- “Fiery colors and the ocean are breathtaking together.”
That’s 30! I guess sunset at the beach is a popular topic, there sure is a lot of good sunset captions to choose from.
Which one was your favorite? Make sure to tell me in the comments below, I’d love to know!
Inspirational Sunset Quotes
Moving on to our next type of sunset Insta captions & quotes: inspirational sunset quotes 🔥💭
Searching for a bit of motivation in your life? These sunset quotes below all share the same thing: they will inspire you!
It’s in the name of the site, so it’s only natural that we chose to include a section about inspiration in these captions for sunset pics.
Find below your next inspirational caption on sunset:
- “Chase the sunset.”
- “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” Joyce Rachelle
- “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” Elbert Hubbard
If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.
- “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the colour that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” Ram Charan
- “The sunset you see is always better than the one you don’t. More stars are always better than less.” Karen Joy Fowler
- “As long as the sun does not set in your mind, darkness will be nothing but a weak shadow in your life!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Every time you wake up and ask yourself, What good things am I going to do today?, remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it.”
- “Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” Ryu Murakami
- “We all see the same sunset.”
- “No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” Maya Angelou
- “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” Kristen Butler
- “A sunrise and sunset reminds us of new beginnings and the hope of a better tomorrow.”
- “Never turn your back to the sunset, because you owe the sun a thanking for lighting you all day!” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Sunsets is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Paint a picture of the sunset that no one will ever forget.” Debasish Mridha
Believe in yourself and you can change a sunset into a new dawn.
- “Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” Rachel Boston
- “With every sunset, a new hope is born, and old expectation dies.” Noor Unnahar
- “If the sun never set, we’d never have the gift of a new day.”
- “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” Nathan Phillips
- “A beautiful sunset is your reward for surviving another day. Enjoy as many as you can.”
Endure the pain in the sunrise, so when it’s sunset, there’s lot of profit to be gained.
- ” Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day!” Debbie Shapiro
Did you love these 24 inspirational quotes for sunsets as much as we did?
Hopefully they stimulated your mind, they inspired you, and gave you the motivation you needed. Oh and trust me, these will all make for great captions on sunset photos.
Sunrise and Sunset Quotes
Yes, this post is all about sunset. But hey, we can surely fit a bit of love for sunrise too, right?
Don’t worry though, we’re not ignoring sunsets totally. All of the sunrise quotes below are also all quotes related to sunset.
That’s double love right there; sunset and sunrise quotes for you!
Here are the best quotes about sunrise and sunset:
- “After every sunset comes a new sunrise... followed by a breakfast.”
I love that this morning’s sunrise does not define itself by last night’s sunset.
- “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder.” Mary Balogh
- “It seems there is more interest in sunsets that sunrises. Perhaps because innately, we fear the dark.” Richelle E. Goodrich
- “I like that time is marked by each sunrise and sunset whether or not you actually see it.” Catherine Opie
- “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” Juansen Dizon
- “The biggest cliché in photography is sunrise and sunset.” Catherine Opie
- “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace...” Umair Siddiqui
- “Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways.” Shannon A. Thompson
Your choice between sunrise or sunset depends on your attitude.
- “You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” Galen Rowell
- “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” Ram Charan
- “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it... Put yourself in the way of beauty.” Cheryl Strayed
- “Stay strong, after every sunrise comes a sunset.”
If you were looking specifically for quotes on sunrise and sunset, you should probably find one to your liking in these 14 different ones.
Not looking specifically for any type, but just trying to find the perfect quote about the sunset for you? Then good news, I have a lot more in stock below 👇
Sunset Sky Quotes
You took a photo of an incredibly beautiful sky at sunset? And now you’re looking for a great quote to go along your photo on social media?
Then these sunset sky quotes are perfect for you!
They all talk about the sky at sunset, about all the fiery colors painting the sky, and the sky changing from blue to all the colors of the rainbow.
My favorite captions about sunsets skies are below:
- “Erm…okay, so who painted the sky?”
- “Glistening seas touch fiery skies, splintering reflections of warmth that dazzle and delight.”
- “I find it incredibly amazing how at every sunset, the sky is a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory.” Sanober Khan
- “Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” Jennifer Donnelly
The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire.
- “The sun ignites the clouds below it as if they, and the water, itself, were on fire.” Anthony T. Hincks
- “The skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
- “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” Mia Kirshner
The sun sets fire to the sea and sky and we sit back to watch.
- “Our American heritage is greater than any one of us. It can express itself in very homely truths; in the end it can lift up our eyes beyond the glow in the sunset skies.” Bruce Catton
- “The sun was now in its death throes, bruising the sky a coiling purple and orange.” Harlan Coben
- “The sky was a bruised red shot with black, almost exactly the colors of a tattoo. Sunset had two minutes left to live.” Denis Johnson
Compiling this list about sunset quotes and sunset skies made me want to go chase sunsets again!
I don’t know about you, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen a beautiful sunset. Well I’ve seen a few from my home, can’t really go anywhere else during lockdown.
Funny Sunset Quotes
Next up is our 8th category, dedicated to funny sunset captions 🔥🤣
Serious is not your type? You’re more the kind to always joke around, always a fun thing to say? Then it’s no wonder you’re looking for a funny quote to go along your sunset pic.
Get some great sunset quotes for Instagram & more:
- “If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream.” Jarod Kintz
- “Every end of the day is a great movie and the Sun above is surely the leading actor in this film!” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “You don’t need a beautiful sunset to be inspired, just Photoshop.”
- “The only kind of sunset I don’t like is the ones I’ve missed.”
- “Sunsets are cliché for a reason.”
- “Golden hour is my happy hour”
Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.
- “Watch more sunsets than Netflix.”
- “Now that’s some orange you could ride a horse into.”
- “Beyond the sundown is tomorrow’s wisdom, today is going to be long, long ago.” Thomas Hornsby Ferril
- “I envy people who can just look at a sunset. I wonder how you can shoot it.” There is nothing more grotesque to me than a vacation.” Dustin Hoffman
- “If the boy and girl walk off into the sunset hand-in-hand in the last scene, it adds 10 million to the box office.”
- “Everything gets hotter when the sun goes down.”
- “Killing the sunset game.”
- “A sunset is life’s way of saying, Good job, you survived today. Here’s something pretty!”
- “That crazy little sun of a beach.”
Sunset on the water ought to be a quiet and easy time, but I guess some people can’t stand a little silence.
- “Shoutout to mother nature”
- “At the end of the world the sunset is like a child smashing a pack of crayons into God’s face.”
- “Sunsets are boring... Said no-one, ever.”
- “Okay mother nature, you got my attention.”
Even with these 21 quotes you haven’t found the right one for you? Maybe what you need is a good pun then. Luckily I have a few ready for you here: Sunset Puns that will make you smile
God Sunset Quotes
Always thought that sunsets were created by God? Then you’ll love these god sunset quotes 🔥💫
I agree that something as beautiful than a sunset definitely has something special. They’re an everyday reminder of the presence of God, and a sign of the divine.
Here are the best sunset quotes about God:
- “The Lord has turned all our sunsets into sunrise.” Clement of Alexandria
- “You want proof there’s a God? Look outside, watch a sunset.” Frank Peretti
- “When I see a brilliant sunset I know no artist could paint, I recognize God through His masterpiece.” Beth Moore
I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.
- “How great is it to live under a sky that is repainted every day by the greatest artist.”
- “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “Every time an artist dies, God lets them paint the sky to say goodbye.”
- “The mystery of God touches us or does not in the smallest details: giving a strawberry, with love; receiving a touch, with love; sharing the snapdragon red of an autumn sunset, with love.” Marion Woodman
- “God is always seeking you. Every sunset. Every clear blue sky. Each ocean wave. The starry hosts of night. He blankets each new day with the invitation, ‘I am here.’” Louie Giglio
Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.
- “Life is a miracle; walking is a miracle; watching the sunset is a miracle; everything is a miracle, because existence is a miracle!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “In silence the three of them looked at the sunset and thought about God.” Maud Hart Lovelace
- “PEACE is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.”
- “Sunsets are just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.”
- “Goodnight. I love you. God”
- “To view a sunset from above the trees is to find heaven.”
- “Sunset is the most spiritual moment where human race meets the extraordinary spirit of the universe!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.” Gina de Gorna
- “The heavens declare the glory of God.”
And there you have them, 19 Insta captions sunset & god related.
If you want more along the same topic, I have even more waiting for you right below 👇
Sunset Biblical Quotes
All the quotes above were related to God. This part follows along the same lines, but it’s even more precise: it’s only Bible verses with mentions of the sunset 🔥⛪️
No, you’re not the only one to think about sunset. As a matter of fact, sunsets were often quoted in the Bible, often used as a reference of time. I’ve put together for you the best Bible verses including “sunset”.
Here’s the list of bible verses for sunset picture captions:
- Deuteronomy 24:13
“When the sun goes down you shall surely return the pledge to him, that he may sleep in his cloak and bless you; and it will be righteousness for you before the Lord your God.”
- John 8:12
“Jesus said, I am the light of the world.”
- John 12:35
“Then Jesus told them, You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you.” “
- Genesis 15:12
“Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, terror and great darkness fell upon him.”
- Deuteronomy 16:6
“but at the place where the LORD your God chooses to establish His name, you shall sacrifice the Passover in the evening at sunset, at the time that you came out of Egypt.”
They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs; You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy.
- Joshua 8:29
“He hanged the king of Ai on a tree until evening; and at sunset Joshua gave command and they took his body down from the tree and threw it at the entrance of the city gate, and raised over it a great heap of stones that stands to this day.”
- Exodus 17:12
“But Moses’ hands were heavy. Then they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it; and Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side and one on the other. Thus his hands were steady until the sun set.”
- Genesis 1:5
“God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day,” and the darkness he called night.”
- Genesis 28:11
“He came to a certain place and spent the night there, because the sun had set; and he took one of the stones of the place and put it under his head, and lay down in that place.”
- 2 Samuel 3:35
“Then all the people came to persuade David to eat bread while it was still day; but David vowed, saying, May God do so to me, and more also, if I taste bread or anything else before the sun goes down.”
- 1 Kings 22:36
“Then a cry passed throughout the army close to sunset, saying, Every man to his city and every man to his country.”
- Deuteronomy 24:15
“You shall give him his wages on his day before the sun sets, for he is poor and sets his heart on it; so that he will not cry against you to the LORD and it become sin in you.”
- Mark 1:32
“That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.”
- Genesis 15:17
“It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces.”
From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.
- Micah 3:6
“Therefore it will be night for you—without vision,
And darkness for you—without divination.
The sun will go down on the prophets,
And the day will become dark over them.”
- Daniel 6:14
“Then, as soon as the king heard this statement, he was deeply distressed and set his mind on delivering Daniel; and even until sunset he kept exerting himself to rescue him.”
- Leviticus 22:7
“But when the sun sets, he will be clean, and afterward he shall eat of the holy gifts, for it is his food.”
- Exodus 22:26
“If you ever take your neighbor’s cloak as a pledge, you are to return it to him before the sun sets”
I’ve done my best to get as much Bible quotes related to sunset for you, to use as Instagram sunset captions or for any other use.
If you haven’t found the right verse for you, you can browse more here.
Winter Sunset Quotes
Welcome to the 11th category: winter sunset quotes 🔥⛄️
This is a special category, as it was requested by a few readers. They were looking specifically for quotes related to sunsets in winter, and couldn’t find any.
I’ve done my best to find a few for them to use, and for you to use if you’re looking for sunset winter quotes.
Truth is, it was hard to find, so I only have 4 for you.
Here are ideas for caption related to sunset in winter:
- “The pale, cold light of the winter sunset did not beautify it was like the light of truth itself.” Willa Cather
- “A Winter’s Romance
A winter’s morning
A winter’s day
A winter’s sunset sweeps you away.”
Lost in a Tavern, William Murray
- “Sometimes a winter sunset is a charm.”
- “Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places.” L.M. Montgomery
Prolong your winter inspiration with these inspirational words about winter with music:
Speaking about music, our next category dives right into songs!
Sunset Lyrics Quotes
Let’s add some good vibes with our 12th section, dedicated to sunset lyrics quotes 🔥🎶
Music is part of my everyday life. Whether I’m working, walking, or just relaxing, music is always there with me. If like me music is an integral part of your life, then what’s best than song lyrics to use as captions for sunset pictures?
Read song lyrics for sunset caption ideas:
- Two Suns in the Sunset by Pink Floyd
“In my rear view mirror the sun is going down
Sinking behind bridges in the road
And I think of all the good things
That we have left undone”
- Must Do Something About It by Paul McCartney
“I’ve just seen another sunset on my own.
All day long I’ve been alone,
and I must do something about it,
yes I must do something about it.”
- California Sunset by Neil Young
Going down in the West
All the colors in the sky
Kiss another day goodbye.
The golden state!”
- Into the Sunset by Bonnie Tyler
“Into the sunset once again together
After the darkness and and the rain
Into the sunset we could ride forever
There goes that dream again”
- Into the Sunset by Sheryl Crow
“Here lies a place
Won’t let me languish
Hears all my footsteps and waits
Watch how she fades into the sunset
A vision spectacular in grace”
- Sunset by The xx
“I saw you again, it felt like we had never met
It’s like the sun set in your eyes and never wanted to rise
And what have you done with the one I love?
When I look into your eyes, I see no surprise”
- Lost in the Moment by NF
“This may be the last sunset I’ll see
So I’ll take it in, I’ll take it in
This may be the last air that I’ll breathe
So I’ll breathe it in, I’ll breathe it in”
- Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset – Luke Bryan
“Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat
Moonlight, all night, crashin’ into me
Nothin’ will ever be easy as you and me
Tangled up with nowhere to be
Just sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat”
- Arabella by the Arctic Monkeys
“My days end best when the sunset gets itself behind
That little lady sittin’ on the passenger side
It’s much less picturesque without her catchin’ the light
The horizon tries but it’s just not as kind on the eyes
As Arabella, oh
- Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park
“And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in gray
And the sun will set for you”
- She’s a Rainbow by The Rolling Stones
“Have you seen her all in gold
Like a queen in days of old
She shoots colours all around
Like a sunset going down
Have you seen a lady fairer”
- Sunset by Stevie Wonder
“You went and left happy
You’re all alone
You turned and walked away
About this time of day
It was always sunset”
- Canadian Sunset by Sam Cooke
“Down, down came the sun
Fast fast so fast fast beat my heart
I knew, when the sunset
From that day we´d never part”
“If you don’t take control of your career, guess what? You’ll be stuck in the sunset watching the sunrise, I am the sunrise”. – Nicki Minaj
- Sunrise to Sunset by the Whitesnake
“I will love you from sunrise to sunset
Even when the skies are filled with rain
And when the morning comes and you are sleeping
I will love you when you wake again
And when we lay together
Realizing what it means
Drifting in the deep of sleep
Surrounded by our dreams”
- Early Sunsets Over Monroeville by My Chemical Romance
“Late dawns and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect, just like up on the screen”
- Ekó by Coldplay
“Joseph rode in on a beam of light
Dreamed of his queen by his side
There’ll be a beautiful sunset
And you’ll be a beautiful bride”
- What Makes the Sunset by Frank Sinatra
“What makes the sunset?
What makes the moonrise?
Is it my love for you?”
- Sunset by Roy Orbison
“I see the shadows on the run
I see the setting of the sun
At last my working day is done
The setting of the sun has finally come”
- You Can Cry by Marshmello & Juicy J
“Listen to me, close your eyes baby, picture this:
Sunset, on the ocean, that’s Pacific
New whips, new tiffs, now your wrist lit
You can get anything off your wish list
Every day is Christmas (I got you)
Look, I promise you won’t wanna miss this (I got you)”
- Rendezvous at Sunset by Kylie Minogue
“Oh-oh, let’s rendezvous at sunset
Take it through to sunrise
We’ll have a night we’ll never forget
We’ll have the time, the time of our life”
- Wasted Sunsets by Deep Purple
“One too many wasted sunsets
One too many for the road
And after dark the door is always open
Hoping someone else will show”
- Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
“I’m on my way
Driving at 90 down those country lanes
Singing to Tiny Dancer
And I miss the way you make me feel, and it’s real
When we watched the sunset over the castle on the hill”
- Jamie All Over by Mayday Parade
“Please don’t tell me that I’m dreaming
When all I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you
If I roll over when it’s over
I’ll take this Cali sunrise with me
And wake up with the fondest memories”
- Love Like a Sunset Part II by Phoenix
A visible illusion
Oh, where it starts, it ends
Love like a sunset”
- Sunset by Kid Ink
“Now, just picture me Hollywood living
Riding through the sun, riding through the sunset
Now, stop tripping, just give me a minute
And wait until the sun, wait until the sun goes down”
- Self Care by Mac Miller
“Yeah, okay I ride around my city when I come home, yeah
The sun set quickly then get up slow, yeah
I disconnect and upload
Watch it spin around, we just spinnin’ round, yeah
Let’s go and travel through the unknown, yeah”
- Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks
“But I am so lazy, I don’t like to wander
I stay at home at night
But I don’t feel afraid
As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset
I am in paradise”
- Many the Miles by Sara Bareilles
“There’s too many things that I haven’t done yet
There’s too many sunsets I haven’t seen
You can’t waste the day wishing it’d slow down
You would’ve thought by now
I’d have learned something”
- African Sunset by Tommy Page
“Every time I see the sun go down
It turns my aching heart around
And when I see the setting sun
I think about the endless fun
With sunset, sunset
Every time the sun goes down
Reminds me of the love I’ve found
At sunset, sunset”
- Red Sails in the Sunset by Nat King Cole
“Red sails in the sunset, way out on the sea
Oh, carry my loved one home safely to me”
- Lula on the Beach by Seaway
“And I’ll be honest
I’m not used to going out before the sun goes down
But now the haze is gone, I’m in a better place”
- Gypsy by Lady Gaga
“And you’ll be my little gypsy princess
Pack your bags and we can chase the sunset
Bust the rearview and fire up the jets
‘Cause it’s you and me
Baby, for life (if you go with me)
For life (see the world with me)”
- The Sunset Curse by Dagoba
“The sun is falling down
The day’s showing its bound
Stars rise from the ground
Daylight is red
Sky’s on fire
Here comes the sunset curse”
Wow that was a long read! No less than 33 song lyrics related to sunset, all ready for you to caption sunset pics on the gram.
Let’s enjoy the moment a bit longer with Love Like a Sunset Part II by Phoenix:
Sunset Poems Quotes
While we’re on the musical quotes, let’s add to the previous ones with sunset poems quotes 🔥🎼
I still remember fondly my childhood days, reading poems and learning them by heart. I’ve included below some of my favorite poems related to sunset, from famous poets and unknown authors, sad and joyful.
Sing along with these poems, great for sunset photo quotes:
- “Sunset in the ethereal waves:
I cannot tell if the day
is ending, or the world, or if
the secret of secrets is inside me again.”
- “With lurid splendor that swift paled to gray,
I saw the dim skies suddenly flush bright.
‘Twas but the expiring glory of the light
Flung from the hand of the adventurous day.”
Sunset, Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “Through the sunset of hope,
Like the shapes of a dream,
What paradise islands of glory gleam!”
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- “Oh sunset, your aura still lingers,
A charming shade across the sky,
A perfect watercolor painting,
The first sign of day waving goodbye.”
O setting sun! though the time has come,
I still warble under you, if none else does,
- “I wish it could be ever sunset, Friend,
That fey instant before all colors blend,
Dusk held at the crescendo of its end.”
Ever Sunset, Sandra Fowler
- “To-night the west o’er-brims with warmest dyes;
Its chalice overflows
With pools of purple colouring the skies,
Aflood with gold and rose;
And some hot soul seems throbbing close to mine,
As sinks the sun within that world of wine.”
At Sunset, Emily Pauline Johnson
- “Sunset beauty makes you feel as though
Your life has meaning after all
To see a sight so extraordinary
Makes you feel capable, strong and tall”
Sunset Thinking, Marilyn Lott
- “Bring me the sunset in a cup,
Reckon the morning’s flagons up
And say how many Dew,
Tell me how far the morning leaps—
Tell me what time the weaver sleeps
Who spun the breadth of blue!”
Bring me the sunset in a cup, Emily Dickinson
- “To sunset water quivering in a blush
Appeals the glory of the sunset sky
Down gazing—an imploring conqueror
With eyes that love to eyes awakening.”
Sunset, Ruby Archer
- “Just beyond the sunset
Someone waits for me
Just beyond the sunset
Lies my destiny
Where the purple mountains
Lie in deep tranquillity
There I’ll find the treasure
Of love eternally”
Just Beyond the Sunset, David Harris
- “All vanishes! The Sun, from topmost heaven precipitated,
Like a globe of iron which is tossed back fiery red
Into the furnace stirred to fume,
Shocking the cloudy surges, plashed from its impetuous ire,
Even to the zenith spattereth in a flecking scud of fire
The vaporous and inflamed spaume.”
A Sunset, Victor Hugo
Who but God could paint the evening sky
And use a brush that is a fiery torch?
Tonight, the garish sunset makes me high
In awe, I stand and watch it from my porch
- “We sat hand in hand facing the sea
watching the beautiful sunset and
the closer the sun got to the sea
the deeper I fell in love with you.”
Sunsets are universal, and it’s incredible seeing all different forms of art be inspired by this natural phenomenon.
Speaking of natural, let’s jump straight to our next part dedicated to nature.
Nature Sunset Quotes
This 14th part focuses on nature sunset quotes 🔥🌷
You can’t talk about sunsets without thinking about nature. Nature is beautiful indeed, and sunsets are one of its many treasures. Each quote about sunsets below is related to nature.
Find simple sunset captions for Instagram:
- “Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night.” Sharon Rene
- “Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Autumn is a sunset around every corner.”
- “It’s not just a sunset; it’s a moonrise too.” P.C. Cast
- “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” C. JoyBell
- “Every sunset is different, because every day sun is different, clouds are different, space is different, reflections are different, mountains are different, fogs are different, and above all, we are different!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Mother Nature doesn’t need a filter.”
Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.
- “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” Michael Josephson
Reading all of those again made me want to pack my bags and go on an adventure in the wild! By the way, what’s your favorite place to enjoy nature?
Pink Sunset Quotes
Getting pretty specific in this 15th category; all about pink sunset quotes 🔥💕
Sunsets create many colors, and you’re always in for a great show. I love seeing the sky turn all shades of the rainbow: yellow, orange, red, blue, purple, and even pink!
Get your pink sunset caption here:
- “Today, we love cotton candy sunsets.”
- “There’s nothing quite like watching the sun paint the sky shades of pink and purple near the ocean.”
- “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.” G.K. Chesterton
- “The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you.” A.Y.
- “To me, everything is beautiful. Show me a pink sunset, and I’m limp, by God.” J.D. Salinger
Fifty shades of pink.
- “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” Vera Nazarian
- “The water was glassy and calm, still candy-colored in the afterglow of sunset.” Stephen King
- “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples...” Anna Godbersen
- “When the sky turns pink, it’s time for a drink!”
- “It’s absolutely mesmerizing to watch the ocean waves blended with pretty shades of pink, purple, and blue.”
- “Pink haze, perfect days.”
But wait, if you’re looking for pink sunset pictures captions, this means you’ve taken a photo of a pink sunset?
So jealous right now! At least tag us in the pic so we can see it too!
Desert Sunset Quotes
Our 16th part is all about desert sunset quotes 🔥🏜
Have you ever experienced a sunset in the desert? It’s truly a magical experience. Not many folks have, and this is one of the reasons as to why there isn’t a whole lot of quotes about desert sunset out there.
But hey, I’ve managed to find a few good ones for you to use as quotes for sunset pictures in the desert
Find a good quote about sunset in the desert:
- “The desert, when the sun comes down. I couldn’t tell where heaven stopped and the Earth began.” Tom Hanks
- “The sun was setting
The day was saddled up to go
The desert is a lonely night for disappear”
- “Cactus plants are bloomin’, sagebrush every where
Granite spires are standin’ all around
I tell you folks it’s Heaven, to be ridin’ down the trail
When the desert sun goes down”
- “Never met a desert sunset I didn’t like.”
Yes, sorry, I know there are only 4 of them. But hey, it’s better than nothing, right?!
Sunset With Friends Quotes
Almost getting to the end there, but first let’s see our 17th category: sunset with friends quotes 🔥👥
What’s better than a good sunset shared with your best friends? Being surrounded by the right people can make any event magical, but when the event itself is already magical, you’ve got the recipe for an incredible moment.
Get all captions for sunset picture with your friends:
- “Food, friends, sunsets.”
- “Where there’s a sunset, there are some of the best friends.”
- “Keepin’ close to people who feel like sunsets.”
- “Are you dreaming? Stop dreaming; come and watch the sunset, it is better than all the dreams!” Mehmet Murat ildan
I believe in the magic of watching sunsets with your best friends.
- “Let’s watch the sunset.”
- “Friendships will never be darkened by the setting sun.” Anthony T. Hincks
- “Science will never be able to reduce the value of a sunset to arithmetic. Nor can it reduce friendship to formula. Laughter and love, pain and loneliness, the challenge of beauty and truth: these will always surpass the scientific mastery of nature.” Louis Orr
- “Sunsets are better when we’re together.”
- “BRB: Doing something magical with my best friends.”
- “Some days, a beautiful sunset with your best friend can be one of the most peaceful and relaxing mediations of the day.” Charles Schulz
And there you have them, my 11 favorite sunset photo captions for a sunset with friends.
Famous Sunset Quotes
Getting to our penultimate category: famous sunset quotes 🔥🏆
These quotes below are either from a famous person, or the quote itself has became famous due to its wide use.
In any case, you can’t go wrong with any of these quotes!
Pick your favorite famous quote for sunset:
- “My mother is a big believer in being responsible for your own happiness. She always talked about finding joy in small moments and insisted that we stop and take in the beauty of an ordinary day. When I stop the car to make my kids really see a sunset, I hear my mother’s voice and smile.” Jennifer Garner
- “The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” The Sound of Music
- “Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time.” Nicholas Sparks
My soul is an empty carousel at sunset.
- “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” George R.R. Martin
- “I can never forget suffering and I will never forget sunset. I came home with all of it in my mind.” Horace
- “Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” Beau Taplin
- “He glanced at the sun which, old professional that it was, chose that moment to drop below the horizon.” Terry Pratchett
- “I always say that the times in my life when I’ve been happiest are the times when I’ve seen, like, a sunset.” Chris Evans
- “Call for the grandest of all earthly spectacles, what is that? It is the sun going to his rest.” Thomas de Quincey
- “Bring me the sunset in a cup.” Emily Dickinson
- “Meanwhile the sunsets are mad orange fools raging in the gloom.” Jack Kerouac
- “There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk.” Jean-Paul Sartre
I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset.
- “In your head, a sunset can go on for days.” Yoko Ono
- “Softly the evening came with the sunset.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “It is man’s consolation that the future is to be a sunrise instead of a sunset.” Victor Hugo
- “A beautiful sunset that was mistaken for a dawn.” Claude Debussy
- “Sunset is the opening music of the night.” Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The setting sun, and the music at the close, As the last taste of sweets, is sweetest last, Writ in rememberance more than long things past.” William Shakespeare
- “The true purpose of education is to teach a man to carry himself triumphant to the sunset.” Liberty Hyde Bailey
Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.
- “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” Claude Debussy
- “What makes me really happy is a walk in the English countryside. A nice sunset, that British countryside it means I’m home.” Natalie Dormer
Oh wow, who knew there were so many famous sunset quotes?! 24 of them, all perfect to use as a sunset photo caption.
Still want more? I have one last category for you 👇
Mountain Sunset Quotes
And there we are, our last category!
The 19th category of this post is dedicated to mountain sunset quotes 🔥⛰
Took a photo of a beautiful sunset in the mountains, and looking for sunset quotes Instagram will love? Or maybe simply looking for inspiration about mountain sunset? Well then the quotes below are perfect for you.
Find mountain sunset captions Instagram will love:
- “There’s nothing like a Smoky Mountain sunset.”
- “Sunset mountains, clear skies, bonfire nights, breathing snowflakes the essence of beauty is all around us!”
- “A view of the ocean, mountains, and the sunset. But yet, he was still looking at me.”
- “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains.”
- “I climb mountains so I can see where the sun sleeps.”
- “Sunsets and mountain breeze.”
- “A real sunset is an explosion behind a mountain silhouette.”
And there you have them, 7 quotes all about mountain sunsets!
Congrats! You made it to the end.
You just scrolled through 357 sunset quotes. You deserve a reward: 🥇
I hope you found a great quote in this long list, to use as a caption of sunset or for inspiration. I even threw in some great sunset pictures quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest or share them with your friends.
Oh and by the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below!