21 Sunset Sad Quotes (sad sunset quotes + silver lining)
It’s ok to be sad sometimes. Even when watching the sunset.
Are you looking for sunset sad quotes to express your feelings?
Or maybe in need of sad sunset quotes to help you cheer up?
I’ve got exactly what you need!
Sad Sunset Quotes
Any experience will be lived differently depending on how you’re feeling.
You can watch a sunset one day and feel loved, because you’re watching with your loved one; and watching another sunset the next day will make you feel sad because you just got bad news.
You won’t find that many sad sunset quotes out there, because sunsets aren’t usually associated with sadness. But I know watching a sunset can pull back painful memories; or maybe you need a sad quote to go along your sunset picture, to express your feelings.
This is why I did my best to find the best sad sunset quotes for you!
I found that the sad quotes related to sunset actually fit in 2 different categories:
- sad sunset quotes: quotes about the feeling of sadness, related to sunset
- silver lining sad sunset quotes: these are sad sunset quotes that aim to cheer you up
Let’s start with the first of the 2 categories!
Find below the sad sunset quotes:
- “Sunset is the saddest light there is.” Sue Monk Kidd
I close my eyes to indulge and reminisce of a sunset that never existed.
- “Sometimes the sunset is so beautiful, I think it might be the very last one.” Nitya Prakash
- “A sunset is the end of a day now passed. Yet, for some reason we get caught in the reality of the descending dark verses the anticipation of a rising dawn.” Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset.” Jiddu Krishnamurti
You see, one loves the sunset when one is so sad.
- “Sunsets in themselves are generally superior to sunrises; but with the sunset we appreciate images drawn from departed peace and faded glory.” George Stillman Hillard
So there you have them, the 7 sunset sad quotes. I know there isn’t that many, sorry about this.
It was actually pretty hard to find sunset quotes about sadness, that were not inspirational or motivational, but truly about sadness.
I hope you found in the list above one that will match your feelings, and maybe help you express your feelings better or simply put words on a mood.
Here’s a great music for your sad sunset moment:
Ready to start looking up and smile at life? Keep scrolling! 👇
Sadness Quotes to Look Up
In the first part of this post, we focused on 100% sad sunset quotes. Quotes related entirely to sadness.
Now it’s time to look at the silver lining in the sadness.
All of the quotes below are about a difficult moment, time or situation, and relate it to sunsets to help you see the positive side of things. They all share a sad aspect, but end up being inspirational.
Here are the sadness quotes to cheer up:
- “Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” Paulo Coelho
Stay strong, after every sunset comes a sunrise.
- “Cloudy days make gorgeous reds.”
- “Don’t waste sunrises on people who will be gone by sunset.”
- “One day, all your worries will set like the sun does and deserved happiness will come gushing like waves at the beach do. All you need to make sure is that your trips to beach never end.” Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “Why sunset is more colorful than sunrise? It’s an irony of life saying, sometimes, good things happen in goodbyes.”
All my life, I have been in love with the sky. Even when everything was falling apart around me, the sky was always there for me.
Read more: 40 Funny Sunset Captions to Cheer up
- “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” Sajal Sazzad
- “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that it can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset.” Christy Ann Martine
If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.
- “Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” Rachel Boston
- “Endure the pain in the sunrise, so when it’s sunset, there’s lot of profit to be gained.” Seyi Ayoola
Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.
That’s the end of our 21 sunset sad quotes. Whether you use them to express your sadness, or get inspiration to start looking up, I’m sure you’ll put them to good use.
I hope you found inspiration in these quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all.
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
My personal favorite is #8 “Don’t forget, beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” by Paulo Coelho – it’s a great reminder that nothing comes easy. If everything was too easy, there wouldn’t be any enjoyment to success!