400+ Best Waterfall Quotes & Waterfall Captions for Instagram
Looking for the perfect waterfall quote?
Well, don’t look any further.
I’ve scoured the web, books and song lyrics to put together for you the most extensive collection of waterfall quotes.
Start scrolling to see more than 400 waterfall captions for Instagram!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 All Kind of Quotes Waterfall Related
- 2 🤣 Funny Quotes About Waterfalls
- 3 ❤️ Love Quote About Waterfalls
- 4 ⏳ Life Captions About Waterfalls
- 5 📏 Short Quotes for Waterfalls
- 6 💭 Inspirational Quotes on Waterfalls
- 7 🕊 Peaceful Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
- 8 🌟 Famous Quotes on Waterfalls
- 9 🏔 Waterfall Captions for Instagram About Nature
- 10 🎶 Lyrics to Use as Waterfall Caption
- 11 ❝ More Waterfall Quote & Sayings About Waterfalls
- 12 Final Words
While all of the quotes in this article are quotes about waterfalls, they also have different topics.
Some are about love, some about nature, some are peaceful, other inspirational.
The waterfalls quotes in this article are split in 10 categories:
- 🤣 funny quotes about waterfalls
- ❤️ love quote about waterfalls
- ⏳ life captions about waterfalls
- 📏 short quotes for waterfalls
- 💭 inspirational quotes on waterfalls
- 🕊 peaceful waterfall quotes for instagram
- 🌟 famous quotes on waterfalls
- 🏔 waterfall captions for Instagram about nature
- 🎶 lyrics to use as waterfall caption
- ❝ more waterfall quote & sayings about waterfalls
So, ready to see the best waterfall sayings & best waterfall quotes to use as captions for waterfall pics?
Let’s see them all!
🤣 Funny Quotes About Waterfalls
We’ll start this huge list of waterfall quotes with our first category: funny quotes.
These are all funny quotes, or puns, related to waterfalls.
Here are the best funny quotes about waterfalls for Instagram:
- “I would caption this with a waterfall pun but that’s too mainstream.”
- “What do you call a dried up waterfall? Water fell.”
- “Waterfalls are a funny thing. The only difference between an ordinary river and a major tourist attraction is that 10 foot drop.”
We wanted to see the waterfalls, but we mist.
- “Falling for the falls.”
- “Fallin’ in love all over again.”
- “Life is like a waterfall always moving.”
- “Enjoying nature’s shower.”
- “Sitting here pondering the meaning of life.”
- “Waterfalls are the original livestreaming.”
- “Let all your troubles fall away.”
- “What did the sea say to the river? You can run, but you can’t tide.”
- “Let’s make some pour decisions!”
- “Water you looking at?”
- “I really mist you.”
- “Just gushing with joy.”
- “Romance often begins by a splashing waterfall and ends over a leaky sink.” Ellen DeGeneres
- “I’m falling for you!”
I just heard a joke about a waterfall. It was a pour joke.
- “I’m over waterfalls. They’re too main-stream.”
- “Sorry, TLC. I chased the waterfall.”
- “What’s the opposite of a waterfall? A firefly.”
- “Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow.”
- “Livestreaming. Literally.”
- “I have no current plans.”
- “I really have to get my plumbing fixed.”
- “Why do people love waterfall jokes? Because they always make a splash.”
- “Canoe + Waterfall = I don’t go camping anymore.” Demetri Martin
- “This view is gorges!”
- “I fell in love with the waterfall pretty rapid-ly.”
Read more: find the 43 other funny waterfall quotes & puns here
I’m sure at least one of those got a smile out of you!
And if they did, you can be sure they’ll get a smile out of whoever you’re sending these quotes to.
❤️ Love Quote About Waterfalls
Whether you’re looking for a quote to say how much you love waterfalls, or for a quote comparing love to a waterfall, you’ll find what you’re looking for in the selection below.
Read the best love quotes waterfall related:
- “I love your hair. It’s like a waterfall of black ink, he utters softly.” Petra F. Bagnardi
- “Live in the water, love by the moon.”
- “Do not turn me into restless water if you cannot promise to be my stream.” Sanober Khan
- “Too much of water hast thou, poor Ophelia, And therefore I forbid my tears.” William Shakespeare, Hamlet
My love for you is like a waterfall, I hit many rocks and crooked paths along the way but at the end, I always end up falling for you again.
- “Have you ever stood where a stream spills into a river? The two become one. They laugh over the stones together, twist through the sharp canyons together, plunge down the waterfalls together. It is the same when a man and a woman love one another. It is not always a pleasant thing, but when it happens, a man has little to say about it. Women, like streams, can be smooth one minute and make a man feel like he’s swimming through white water the next.”
- “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.” Mike May
- “When you are outpouring your emotion, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall to get to you.” Kate McGahan
- “Love is like a waterfall, pours out of you forever.”
- “...you know that soft is stronger than hard, water stronger than rocks, love stronger than force.” Hermann Hesse
- “Kiss me under a waterfall.”
- “Without the wetness of your love, the fragrance of your water, or the trickling sounds of your voice I shall always feel thirsty.” Suzy Kassem
- “I water my plants until they drown & this is the only way I know how to love.” Nitya Prakash
- “You love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.” Chris Tomlin
The fall of your hair is rushing through my head like elegant waterfalls repeatedly dancing down into an open riverbed.
- “She dares me to pour myself out like a living waterfall. She dares me to enter the soul that is more than my own; she extinguishes fear in mere seconds. She lets light come through.” Virginia Woolf
- “All anyone can hope for is just a tiny bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too.” Edwidge Danticat
- “I shift an infinitesimal movement towards him. It is like the leap from a waterfall. I do not know, until then, what I am going to do.” Madeline Miller
- “I think love is the greatest force in the universe. It’s shapeless like water. It only takes the shape of things it becomes.” Guillermo del Toro
- “Your love is like a waterfall, raining down on me.” Chris Tomlin
Read more: get the other 12 beautiful waterfall quotes about love
And there you have them, the best love quotes about waterfalls. Whew, I’m getting emotional reading them all.
If you’re trying to find a great caption about waterfalls and life to go with your photo, this is exactly the right category for you.
The 15 quotes below are all about waterfalls and life.
Queue the best quotes for waterfalls about life:
- “Go with the flow. Force nothing. Let it happen trusting that whichever way it goes. It’s for the best.” Mandy Hale
- “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” Ray Bradbury
- “It’s a waterfall life.”
- “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” John Muir
- “Life is like a waterfall in the end, we’re all one.”
Like a waterfall, life doesn’t flow backwards.
- “The ordinary-sized stuff which is our lives, the things people write poetry about clouds, daffodils, waterfalls, what happens in a cup of coffee when the cream goes in these things are full of mystery, as mysterious to us as the heavens were to the Greeks.” Tom Stoppard
- “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” Sigourney Weaver
- “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.”
- “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique, irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” Josephine Hart
- “Life doesn’t flow backwards.”
- “Water was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life.” Benjamin Alire Saenz
- “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and nobles symbol of life. If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.” Kahlil Gibran
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
- “Our lives flow like water in a waterfall.”
Get 11 more incredible waterfall picture captions about life here
📏 Short Quotes for Waterfalls
Most of the quotes above are pretty long.
But what if you want a simple short quote?
Well, don’t worry, I’ve got more than enough short quotes for you to use as caption for waterfall pic & videos.
Find below some great short quotes related to waterfalls:
- “A river that forgets its source will surely dry up.” Yoruba Proverb
- “Waterfalls are nature’s waterslides.”
- “A strong man and waterfall always channel their own path.”
- “The higher you climb, the better the view.”
- “Like a waterfall, life doesn’t flow backwards.”
- “We start in different places, but in the end, we all meet at the waterfall.”
- “There’s a waterfall of content that you’re missing out on.” Steve Chen
- “Paradise found.”
- “Good words cool more than cold water.” John Ray
- “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” Marty Rubin
- “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.”
- “Don’t go chasing waterfalls” TLC
Just go with the flow.
- “Wild, beautiful, and free.”
- “A waterfall is nature’s laughter.”
- “Chasing waterfalls.”
- “Surrender to the flow.” Mike Gordon
- “For an instant, silence, noisier than a waterfall.” Salman Rushdie
- “Grace be the waterfall in the wild of my mind.”
- “Water is the cure to everything.”
- “Going with the flow of things.”
- “Let this waterfall wash over me.”
- “Streaming now on Netflix...”
- “For it is on the paths less travelled that we find ourselves.”
- “Happiness comes in rushes.”
- “I am like a waterfall wild and free.”
- “Joy in all things, in what falls and what flourishes.” Neruda
- “Be careful crossing the waterfall, it’s a fatal spot.” Karl Meltzer
- “Keep close to nature’s heart.”
There is nothing more magical than a waterfall.
- “Good to the last drop.”
- “Every teardrop is a waterfall.” Coldplay
- “Dreams are made of trails and waterfalls.”
- “Deamflum (n.) The dreamy and calm-like state experienced while listening to a natural waterfall.”
- “Great things are over every fall and around every bend.”
- “Not complaining about this view.”
- “Wild like me.”
- “Tell your dream to the waterfall.” Sellâle
- “You can’t trust water: even a straight stick turns crooked in it.” W. C. Fields
- “Run wild and free like a waterfall.” Anamika Mishra
Discover more short quotes, waterfalls related (21 more for you here)
While these quotes were all short, this was definitely not a short list! 😀
Alright, let’s keep it moving 👇
💭 Inspirational Quotes on Waterfalls
Keeping up the pace with our 5th category, dedicated to inspirational, motivational and positive quotes – all related to waterfalls.
Pick your favorite inspirational quote waterfall related from this list:
- “Not all falls are failures. Some are a way back home.”
- “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.” Rishabh Gautam
Sometimes, it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over a waterfall.
- “She’ll carry on through it all. She’s a waterfall.”
- “Mist to mist drops to drops. For water thou art, and unto water shalt thou return.” Kamand Kojouri
- “Be like water, flow like a river, crash like the rain, fly like the cloud again!” Md. Ziaul Haque
- “Drink the waters meant to drown you.” Nelou Keramati
- “No one ever steps into the same river twice.” Heraclitus
- “I feel like water that transforms from a flowing river to a tranquil lake to a powerful waterfall to a freshwater spring to a meandering creek to a salty sea to raindrops gentle on your face to hard, stinging hail to frost on a mountaintop, and back to a river again.” María Virginia Farinango
- “The power of a waterfall is nothing but a lot of drips working together.”
- “Valuable lessons can be learned from every waterfall.”
- “The waterfall falls but shamelessly and joyfully.”
- “I am like a drop of water on a rock. After drip, drip, dripping in the same place, I begin to leave a mark, and I leave my mark in many people’s hearts.” Rigoberta Menchu
- “Falling down is a way of life, getting back up is living.”
- “Water is sufficient... the spirit moves over water.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo (1888)
- “Always be like a water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches its surface.” Santosh Kalwar
- “There’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls, tumbling, gushing.” Julie Andrews
Be a runner, chase the waterfall, reach your goal and achieve your dreams.
- “Here’s the truth: your situation is never permanent. It’s what you make it. Life is not sold, it’s fluid. It changes.”
- “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
- “Go where you feel most alive.”
- “While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.”
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” Douglas Adams
- “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” Hermann Hesse
- “Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” Margaret Atwood
- “Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.” Lao Tzu
You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” Jawaharlal Nehru
- “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” Loren Eiseley
- “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” Patrick Ness
Keep getting inspired with 22 extra inspirational quotes for waterfall pictures
Feeling inspired yet?
You can always click the link above for even more inspiration 👆
🕊 Peaceful Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
I love sitting at the bottom of a waterfall, hearing the water crash with the lulling sound, relaxing lost in my thoughts.
If you’re the same way, you’ll love the peaceful waterfall quotes below.
Use any of the peaceful quotes below for your next Instagram caption about waterfalls:
- “No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local. If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun.” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changed, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.” William Stafford
Look with open eyes and you will see the beauty of waterfall.
- “It’s no coincidence that every depiction of paradise seems to include a waterfall...”
- “We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, remembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover
Is that which was the beginning
At the source of the longest river
The voice of the hidden waterfall
And the children in the apple-tree
Not known, because not looked for
But heard, half-heard, in the stillness
Between two waves of the sea.” T.S. Eliot
- “To trace the history of a river or a raindrop is also to trace the history of the soul, the history of the mind descending and arising in the body. In both, we constantly seek and stumble upon divinity, which like feeding the lake, and the spring becoming a waterfall, feeds, spills, falls, and feeds itself all over again.” Gretel Ehrlich
- “I keep my gratitude in my smile, a glistening waterfall in the sun.” Sanober Khan
- “The sound of water is worth more than all the poets words.” Octavio Paz
- “There was only water. The ocean, the cold and her.” Natalia Cwiklinska
- “Surrender to the waiting worlds
That lap against our side.” Jim Morrison
- “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” Victoria Kahler
There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.
- “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
- “When I was walking in the mountains with the Japanese man and began to hear the water, he said, ‘What is the sound of the waterfall?’ ‘Silence,’ he finally told me.” Jack Gilbert
- “God is discovered entirely through creation the brilliance of a sunset, the powerful roar of a waterfall, the symphony of sounds you hear in the heart of the forest, or the vastness of spaces and its countless stars.” Benjamin F. Sullivan
- “Under the waterfall, take your time, I don’t mind if we stay in the rain. These liquid skies will show the way.” The Anever
- “Amazing how a thundering water can be so violent, and calming at once.”
- “Look for yourself in the waterfall still for just a moment before moving on again.”
- “There’s nothing like the sound of a waterfall to drown out a noisy world.”
- “Like a waterfall, wash over me.” Lil Wayne
Explore 19 more peaceful waterfall quotes, Instagram ready
I don’t know about you, but reading all of these calming quotes got me all chilled out.
🌟 Famous Quotes on Waterfalls
Interested to know how famous people talk about waterfalls?
Well apart from the obvious famous “chasing waterfalls” quotes, this is what you’ll find out in this section.
Introducing waterfall quotes famous all over the world:
- “The fall of dropping water wears away the stone.” Lucretius
- “Within a waterfall
the sound of a pine forest
a thousand years old.” Michael McClintock
There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you.
- “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.” Roland R. Kemler
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Water is the most perfect traveller because when it travels it becomes the path itself!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” Nicholas Sparks
- “A very wise quote is a spectacular waterfall! When you see it, you feel its power!” Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “I used to believe that love was finding someone who would lead you through the deep water.” Anne Hathaway
- “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” Bruce Lee
Know of any other famous waterfall quotes I forgot? Let me know in the comments so I can add it to this list!
This 8th category is dedicated to the best quotes about waterfalls and nature.
They’re all about the beauty of nature.
Listing the best beauty of waterfalls quotes:
- “There is no wi-fi in the forest, but we promise you will find a better connection.”
- “Hike more, worry less.”
- “There’s nobody living who couldn’t stand all afternoon in front of a waterfall. Anyone who can sit on a stone in a field awhile can see my painting. Nature is like parting a curtain, you go into it as you would cross an empty beach to look at the ocean.” Agnes Martin
Hello, nature. I’ve really mist you.
- “Ok Mother Nature, I see you flexing.”
- “I finally believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.” Anne Frank
- “Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.”
- “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art. And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth.” Albert Pike
- “A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but because of its persistence.” Jim Watkins
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” John Muir
Browse all the quotes related to waterfall and nature (21 more available!)
Found the right caption on waterfall yet?
No? Maybe the next section has what you need then...
A simple quote can work wonder, but song lyrics can also go great as a waterfall photo caption.
I’ve selected for you in this section some great song lyrics about waterfalls.
Sing along waterfall poems, quotes from songs:
- Waterfalls by TLC
“Don’t go chasing waterfalls
Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to
I know that you’re gonna have it your way or nothing at all
But I think you’re moving too fast”
- Rocket by Beyoncé
“If you need a personal trainer or a therapist
I can be a piece of sunshine, inner peace, entertainer
Anything else that you may read between the lines
You and I create
Rockets and waterfalls”
- Waterfall by Vök
“Buried in a waterfall
Pushed against the water
Buried in a waterfall”
- Angels by Robbie Williams
“And through it all she offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I’m right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won’t break me
When I come to call, she won’t forsake me
I’m loving angels instead”
- Waterfalls by Billy Crawford
“Baby when the sun falls I’m that one the one you can call
We can make love ’til you climb the walls
I can make you wet as a waterfall
Best believe I got everything that you want and everything that you need”
Life is a waterfall
We’re one in the river and one again after the fall
Swimming through the void, we hear the word
We lose ourselves, but we find it all
- Cold Mountain Poems by Han Shan
“The higher the trail the steeper it grows
Ten thousand tiers of dangerous cliffs
The stone bridge is slippery with green moss
Cloud after cloud keeps flying by
Waterfalls hang like ribbons of silk
The moon shines down on the bright pool
I climb the highest peak once more
To wait where the lone crane flies”
- Water Fall by Anderson Paak
“And as soon as I break down the wall
I’m riding the wave of your waterfall”
- Heavy in Your Arms by Florence + the Machine
“My love has concrete feet
My love’s an iron ball
Wrapped around your ankles
Over the waterfall”
- Every Teardrop is a waterfall by Coldplay
As we saw oh this light I swear you, emerge blinking into
To tell me it’s alright
As we soar walls, every siren is a symphony
And every tear’s a waterfall”
Sing along with 20 more lyrics from songs about waterfalls
These were the best quotes on waterfall from songs & poems!
❝ More Waterfall Quote & Sayings About Waterfalls
And finally, our last category.
This is where you’ll find a wide variety of waterfalls quotes and sayings, that didn’t fit in any of the categories above.
Just like all the quotes in this post, they all make for great waterfall Instagram captions for guys, girls, and anyone else.
Find 61 best waterfall quotes and sayings:
- “Beauty soaks reality as water fills a rag.” Chet Raymo
- “Don’t go to restaurants that have waterfalls if you have a kidney condition.” Johnny Carson
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.”
- “Without water, life would just be rock.” Anthony T. Hincks
- “You can catch me by the waterfall.”
- “When you say Waterfall, I hear Wonderful.”
Water was calmness and tranquility, but it was the rage of a storm as well.
- “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.” Michael Delaware
- “The only thing better than waterfalls and sunsets are waterfalls at sunset.”
- “The spirit is colourless like water.” Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Water in the boat is the ruin of the boat, but water under the boat is its support.” Jalaluddin Rumi
- “All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was.” Toni Morrison
- “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.” Roland R Kemler
- “Make memories one waterfall at a time.”
- “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.” Hermann Hesse
- “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.”
- “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.” Norman Maclean
- “Not another waterfall! said no traveler ever...”
- “There are often many people dying from thirst while many people are running for dear life away from the rain.” Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “You are mist!”
- “Of all known liquids water is probably the most studied and least understood.” Felix Franks
- “I am a Pisces, a fish out of water, searching for a way back home.” James Kidd
- “Just keep chasing waterfalls.”
- “Don’t go chasing waterfalls; please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.” TLC
- “But for the briefest moment, the blue of Zoe’s pool gave way to deeper, darker aqua-colored water. The few plants and rocks were replaced with a lagoon and a waterfall where several mermaids lounged half in the water, half in the sun. They splashed and dove, their laughter making the same sound as the water.” Michelle Cuevas
- “Kissed by mist.”
- “Not a hundred feet away the river roared over a cliff’s edge, and we weren’t really leaves, even if I’d been careful to forget that.” Naomi Novik
- “And listen to the faucets, like the rush of a waterfall heard through thick woods just as the birds began to sing early one morning years ago in the hills outside Florence.” Kevin Prufer
- “Everything’s going swimmingly.”
- “The most stupendous scenery ceases to be sublime when it becomes distinct, or in other words limited, and the imagination is no longer encouraged to exaggerate it. The actual height and breadth of a mountain or a waterfall are always ridiculously small, they are imagined only that content us.” Henry David Thoreau
- “Feel, flow, and free yourself.”
A waterfall cannot be silent, just as the wisdom! When they speak, the voice of power speaks!
- “No time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.”
- “The waterfalls have me roaring with excitement.”
- “I open my eyes to see Ry staring at me, and my desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.” Kiersten White, The Chaos of Stars (2013)
- “She is water, powerful enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, deep enough to save you.” Adrian Michael
- “We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique; irredeemable; over.”’ Josephine Hart
- “I am gushing with joy.”
- “All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I know all the words, but still have no idea what it means to chase waterfalls nor why I shouldn’t do it.”
- “My desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my stone, swirling and eddying around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.” Kiersten White
- “I mean, I think ‘lagoon’, I think ‘waterfall’, I think ‘tropical’.” This is a cement... hole.” American Beauty
- “I wanted to spend my days chasing waterfalls but it turns out I’m more suited to looking at photos of them.”
- “Advice from a waterfall: create your own music.”
By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long.
- “We would no longer pass sweet breezy days in our sleek tent, in mossy hills and sun, showering in waterfalls. That era was now our memory, a shared dream.” Aspen Matis
- “The river plunged down in a long waterfall, plashing into several rocky pools on its way down the cliff.” Alison Croggon
- “Seriously don’t go chasing waterfalls. They don’t move. They are stationary. Just take the picture.”
- “Chasing waterfalls. Be back never.”
- “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.” Vernon Howard
- “I’ve lost control, I paddle, but you’re too strong. But I gotta trust your flow, cause boy, I’m in your waterfall.” Pink, Sia, Stargate
- “The golden light of the setting sun disguised the falls in fire as it poured over the granite cliffs of Yosemite.”
- “Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.” Annie Dillard
- “Do you seek adventure beyond the treacherous waterfalls? Do you seek the mythical being that dwells in this unreachable place? If you do, then you must first find me.”
- “As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that without a doubt I had just been ruined.” Abbi Glines
- “Always on the move.”
- “Deep in this forest of loneliness, a stream of love still flows; sweet memories ripple in my dreams, bridging warmth into woe.” Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “Some people get killed by water. Some die from dehydration.” Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Be right back. Chasing waterfalls.”
- “It was a world of acts, and words had no more influence on acts than the sound of a waterfall has on the flow of the stream.” Kim Stanley
- “Mountain-rose petals, falling, falling, falling now... Waterfall music.” Matsuo Basho
Congrats! You made it to the end.
You just scrolled through 416 waterfall quotes. You deserve a reward: 🥇
I hope you found a great quote in this long list, to use as a waterfall caption or for inspiration. I even threw in some great waterfall images with quotes, feel free to pin them on Pinterest or share them with your friends.
Oh and by the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below!