26 Waterfall Quotes About Life (the best quotes about waterfalls and life)
In this post, you’ll find some of the best waterfall quotes about life.
The quotes below are all related to life, in some way. And waterfalls.
So without further ado, let’s jump straight in the 26 quotes about waterfalls and life!
The Best Quotes About Waterfalls and Life
Writers, poets and philosophers have always loved comparing life to many things: sunsets, mountains, the sea, ...
You’ve probably already heard the popular saying: “Life is like a waterfall“. Quotes about waterfall and life are plentiful, and I hope you’ll find the perfect one for you in my selection below!
Here are the best waterfall quotes, life related:
- “And down the waterfall where ever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me when I come to call.” Robbie Williams, Angels
Go with the flow. Force nothing. Let it happen trusting that whichever way it goes. It’s for the best.
- “Life is like a waterfall in the end, we’re all one.”
- “Our lives flow like water in a waterfall.”
- “Just as a waterfall grows slower and more lightly suspended as it plunges down, so the great man of action tends to act with greater calmness than his tempestuous desires prior to the deed would lead one to expect.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique, irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” Josephine Hart
When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.
- “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.”
- “Like a waterfall, life doesn’t flow backwards.”
- “Life is better with waterfalls.”
So there you have them all, the 10 best quotes on waterfall and life!
Want even more quotes about life and waterfalls?
Well you’re in luck, because I have 16 more in store for you below 👇
More Interesting Waterfall Life Quotes
Didn’t find the right quote for you in my “best of” selection above?
Well it seems that waterfalls are a popular source of inspiration for life related quotes. Which means, more waterfall life quotes for you to choose from!
Here are more quotes about life and waterfalls:
- “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” Jonathan Safran Foer
- “After we are separated by birth from this oneness, as the water falling from the waterfall is separated by the wind and rocks, then we have feeling. You have difficulty because you have feeling. You attach to the feeling you have without knowing just how this kind of feeling is created.” Shunryu Suzuki
- “When life places stones in your path, be the water. A persistent drop of water will wear away even the hardest stone.” Autumn Morning Star
- “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and nobles symbol of life. If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.” Kahlil Gibran
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
- “Life is like a waterfall always moving.”
- “The ordinary-sized stuff which is our lives, the things people write poetry about clouds, daffodils, waterfalls, what happens in a cup of coffee when the cream goes in these things are full of mystery, as mysterious to us as the heavens were to the Greeks.” Tom Stoppard
- “Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” Wallace Stevens
- “Life doesn’t flow backwards.”
- “It’s a waterfall life.”
- “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” Ray Bradbury
- “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” John Muir
- “I am like the water that runs over me, immune to permanence, recycling endlessly. I am water; I am life. The form may change, but the substance stays the same. Strike me down and I will rise again.” Rick Yancey
Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changes, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.
- “The vast waterfall of history pours down, and a few obituarists fill teacups with the stories.” Marilyn Johnson
- “Water was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He talked about swimming as if it were a way of life.” Benjamin Alire Saenz
Aaaand that’s 26!
I hope you found inspiration in these waterfall and life quotes, and that you enjoyed reading them all.
By the way, what was your favorite quote of them all? Let me know in the comments below and tell me why you loved it!
My personal favorite is #8 “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.” – I love this comparison to life, far from the smooth sailing many think it is, but with its different phases and change of pace.